How I Thought of the Tekken Film

The Tekken film, well being a gamer fan, I would like to do my review on Tekken. So far, I kind of liked the movie for its action but the storyline was kind of weak when it came to the MISHIMA bloodline. And I thought that it was pretty interesting to see Heihachi Mishima and Kazuya Mishima having a closer relationship in the beginning of the film, which may have omitted the story that Kazuya Mishima was thrown off the cliff by his father Heihachi Mishima. Of course, the Jun Kazama being raped thing never disappeared.

I felt the whole film was being rushed with a short run time. So it all begins with Jin Kazama wanting to enter Tekken, his mother Jun Kazama lying to him to protect him from the reality of his dysfunctional lineage, which we know his father is Kazuya Mishima. Of course, the dysfunctionality really shows especially when Kazuya Mishima wants to finish off his own lineage.

I also felt that Heihachi Mishima was pretty underused. So I was excited to see Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa play as Heihachi Mishima but... he didn't have much of a part. I was expecting him to be the final opponent and all, instead Kazuya Mishima was the final opponent. It seems Kazuya Mishima's being more evil than Heihachi Mishima in the games caused the triggering. I also felt like that he looked more like Shang Tsung (from MK1) instead of Heihachi Mishima.

I also felt that casting Chip Anthony Dale as Kazuya Mishima was a major error. They could have gotten a real oriental instead of an American actor. As for the character, he appears to be more vile and despicable than his father Kazuya Mishima.

Lastly it was with Jin Kazama. The actor Jonathan Patrick Foo being half-Chinese (father side) and half-Irish (mother side), I thought that he didn't look very oriental either for the role but he did kick butt. I felt that his character was well portrayed but I just wish Hwoarang was present in the film since they are rivals.

Overall, only if the directors really made a movie a little longer and added more development. Strictly for Tekken fans only IMO.

Comments