How Power Rangers Has Gone Downhill for Me

I just thought of my days as a Power Rangers fans or just as I could say like Mr. Smith, I am a fan of Super Sentai and less of Power Rangers but here's just a thought... it's really gone downhill. What do I blame it for?  Okay not a call for hate fic writing and I'm really thinking I'll probably be much less of a fan of Power Rangers now and be more into its source Super Sentai for these reasons:

Bad acting is hitting it- Well it started out well but sadly, standard acting to slowly replaced by bad acting.  SPD was fine for some, not for me.  Okay, I'll probably credit the season with really HORRID acting not to Wild Force but to Operation Overdrive, Jungle Fury and the current Power Rangers Samurai.

Too many gimmicks- Gimmicks are fine but too much kills. Sadly, the Mega Mode gimmick has been even more lame than the battlizers.  I just thought that all the "hya" and "huh" is becoming annoying that I purposely remove them from any Power Rangers fics I write.  Hmmm those who write Power Rangers should at least try to see what mistakes were done in the past Super Sentai, after all it's a Toei-Saban collaboration.

Killing otherwise good potential- the Corona Aurora plot of Power Rangers Operation Overdrive could have been put into good use.  However Kalish really burned out bad here.  I do admit he's got past accomplishments, it's just he really wasn't good with Power Rangers so he should stick to his other strengths.  Also Power Rangers Samurai should have deviated some more from Shinkenger seeing it has a multiracial cast therefore copying/pasting Shinkenger was just not the right thing to do.  Sigh... hopefully Mega Force will do better even if I dislike Goseiger as of late.

Overall, all I could say is I am probably going to be neutral on Power Rangers.  It's okay to dislike it but being a hater is something else.

Comments