Just Some Stupidity in G.I.Joe Season Two


Okay I admit I never made this critical analysis as a kid but as a grown-up I just thought of these stupid events in G.I.Joe season two:

1.) Cobra Commander was getting incredibly moronic. Where was the Cobra Commander who is lethal and scheming we know and hate? Seriously the second season was really turning him from Megatron to Starscream in one easy flip.

2.) Now why would the Crimson Guards suddenly turn on Cobra Commander? And I thought he had paid them well. Also, one has to consider that the Crimson Guards were supposedly loyal to the Cobra Commander. Sheesh talk about what if the late Osama bin Ladin got betrayed by his loyal guardsmen back in his tenure so the Al Qaida could create their own Serpentor?!

3.) Now here's another- a series of events that would even lead to the rather ridiculous G.I.Joe movie. So Dr. Mindbender does get a vision but has he considered the dangers of his project? I just gave a thought that Dr. Mindbender is also pretty much inattentive as well. In what way? After he had every last DNA in the list gathered, sorted out and not to mention he really had a poor replacement for Sun Tzu's DNA- Sgt. Slaughter's?! Has that guy ever read his history? I mean he was in China, he could have gotten Mao Zedong's DNA as a more adequate replacement for Sun Tzu's DNA. Also he was stupid enough never to notice that Sgt. Slaughter's DNA already made it into Serpentor as well. Seriously, Sgt. Slaughter is NOT the best replacement for Sun Tzu. In fact, it made Serpentor go berserk! I really had my thoughts on Serepntor's conception was even stupid in the first place.

4.) Also I would like to comment on Serpentor. Okay, he does have the advantage and courage that Cobra Commander doesn't have yet thanks to Dr. Mindbender using Sgt. Slaughter's DNA as substitute, his new creation goes haywire and well Atilla and Hannibal weren't good candidates either. So Serpentor is pictured to be hot-tempered, impatient and more abusive to his subordinates than Cobra Commander was. At least Cobra Commander cared about his troops, Serpentor doesn't and YET he has the absolute loyalty of Dr. Mindbender and the Crimson Twins?! Or another, the Vipers are that loyal to him?! I mean, come on he's been such a bastard! And all I can say is that the Washington D.C. fiasco was far worse than Cobra Commander's failures!

5.) The attack on Washington D.C. left undetected? Seriously! I just thought that their plan was suicide. Why? I mean, how sure are they by 100% they would succeed where Cobra Commander failed? I just thought that the U.S. Army not being able to fend them off is ridiculous as well. If Serpentor were using subtle tactics, it would have made more sense. I just thought Serpentor was so out-of-character against his comics counterpart in the cartoon.

6.) And I'll have to admit, Serpentor was really not helping Cobra gain victory either. Seriously, all he does is give commands, making no plans and rely too much on Dr. Mindbender! I just thought his leader was so bad. I'm just glad he was dumped by season three!

Comments