What I Considered Were Incredibly Stupid Moves During Saban's Return IMO


When Toei had allowed Saban to do Power Rangers again (he bought Power Rangers' rights from Disney), it felt like woohoo goodbye Disney and good riddance.  Unfortunately, Power Rangers may have taken its turn for the worse.  However I could not deny that first Saban era was good, second Saban era has got to be the worst for me.   Now I do have my biases but I can write them a lot to let off my steam... and two, at least to offer constructive criticism for the well-being of Toei:

During Power Rangers Samurai:


Power Rangers Samurai is just one huge mistake.  No real originality, no flexibility.  Come on Tzachor, your cast has NO JAPANESE MEMBER IN IT, WHY WRITE THEM ALL AS JAPANESE?  I mean, no Asian Red Ranger equals it's time to adjust the script stupid!  Plus, the whole show is just so full of bad acting!


I coudl also start naming the return of Bulk and Spike.  I would admit it's not even funny although I do admit, imagining Spike chasing after Mako can be funny for me.  Forty episodes and these guys DO NOTHING but just be fillers, no plot material whatsoever.  I guess those two would have already gone to do their real training in Japan by now.


Rick Medina as Deker is just stupid.  While maybe Rick Medina had already abandoned his douchebag lifestyle but I felt like he's just inadequate for Deker.  Wow, it's a really cheap move if you ask me!


Splitting one season into two seasons is VERY ANNOYING.  Seriously Nickelodeon?  Oh boy, I wonder why Toei hasn't intervened with this, unless it's another money making scam.  Come on, don't compare Super Sentai to Danny Phantom which had 53 episodes divided into three seasons.  One, Danny Phantom is not even Tokusatsu, sure I wrote Kamen Rider Kiva vs. Danny Phantom for fun, but again in reality, both shows are just completely different.

During Power Rangers Mega-FAIL:


Power Rangers Megaforce is one terrible anniversary season.  No plot, no whatsoever.  Seriously, I think Toei and Saban should have just skipped Gokaiger or Goseiger, not cram both shows into one.  I can start naming some horrible moves in the show.


Troy Burrows is just so one-dimensional and boring.  Now I don't find his attitude hateful, I blame the script writers.  It's too early to judge if Andrew Gray is a douchebag or anything but if he is, then something is wrong.  I wish they made him a little more interesting.  What WTFs me about this guy is how he is just there for display purposes and he's not given any real plot whatsoever.


Christina Masterson as Emma.  Everything's just wrong about Emma for me.  The whole character is a failed Kimberly.  Again, I might just be super biased about her.  She just doesn't have a similar charm to Amy Jo Johnson.  She's overly cheery and she's the worst cast member on the set.  UGH!  Well it's time for my extreme favoritism for Mako to show up again right?


Ciara Hanna can really act, I think she's convincing but the problem has to be with her character, Gia.  Yes, Gia has the tendency to be that HBIC type of person.  I will admit that Ciara Hanna herself is attractive but that can't stop me from bashing the character.  It does get irritating when you have too much of a head bitch in charge.


The girl team chemistry in Megaforce feels very fake.  I can't really imagine too much of why it feels fake... maybe because of Christina Masterson again?  Shinkenger girls are better!


Jake gets Gia at the end of Megaforce with no real development.  This is very much looking for love in the wrong places!

Comments

  1. The Neo Saban is just so fucking lazy. excuse my language but man personally for me growing up I may not have liked turbo but the movie to me was better than what Saban is doing now. Dino Charge is getting there but I feel it needs a lot more than just decent story to turn power rangers around. My alos biggest concern with these two seasons is how incredibly uninspiring the music is. wow so after two bad seasons they just fire the same idiot back to do music after how boring and crappy it was. The theme song for Dino Charge maybe different but in the next season which is based off which is hopefully Ninninger of not ToQger I'm hoping Saban fires that composer and gets someone who can actually make me feel pumped for the season at hand and not just because it's there. The Neo Saban era needs to bring the heart and stop caring about the money. They need to fight Nick to get more respect because that super season crap is bullcrap if you ask me and being very passionate about generation of kids who enjoy action/adventure fantasy it's damn shame they are exposed to such lazy considering the time I grew up in where creativity was valued. The standards are so low, wtf happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Neo Saban is just so fucking lazy. excuse my language but man personally for me growing up I may not have liked turbo but the movie to me was better than what Saban is doing now. Dino Charge is getting there but I feel it needs a lot more than just decent story to turn power rangers around. My alos biggest concern with these two seasons is how incredibly uninspiring the music is. wow so after two bad seasons they just fire the same idiot back to do music after how boring and crappy it was. The theme song for Dino Charge maybe different but in the next season which is based off which is hopefully Ninninger of not ToQger I'm hoping Saban fires that composer and gets someone who can actually make me feel pumped for the season at hand and not just because it's there. The Neo Saban era needs to bring the heart and stop caring about the money. They need to fight Nick to get more respect because that super season crap is bullcrap if you ask me and being very passionate about generation of kids who enjoy action/adventure fantasy it's damn shame they are exposed to such lazy considering the time I grew up in where creativity was valued. The standards are so low, wtf happened.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Angry Rant: Power Rangers Ain't About Tommy!

Who's Really More Evil Between Kazuya And Heihachi?

Some People Do Prefer The Power Rangers Counterparts Better

Mortal Kombat and Reincarnation

The Space Sheriff Trilogy: Gavan, Sharivan and Shaider

What if Spike Met Mako in Shinkenger?

Tori Hanson in Power Rangers Ninja Storm

Is Mr. Sinister Really Weak to Cyclops' Optic Blasts?!

What I Believe Went Wrong With Saban's Masked Rider

Cyclops and Emma Frost: Why It's VERY WRONG!!!!