The Two Kazama Ladies Of Tekken: Jun Kazama And Asuka Kazama!

Having played Tekken as a kid though it wasn't really my favorite at first, I thought about how Jun was sort of my "crush", while Kazuya was my favorite character. Now I could talk about the two Kazama ladies...

Tekken 2 introduced the first Kazama member in Tekken. During the events of Tekken 2, Kazuya had taken over his father's place but had sank the Zaibatsu into what some say as a darker era. She was in charge of wildlife preservation, she went together with Lei Wulong to try and arrest Kazuya. Most likely, she might actually be the host to "Angel" as she is the one who visibly fight over for Kazuya's soul. She seeks to redeem Kazuya from the Devil within.

So how did she and Kazuya get together? It's never explained but one theory I had for years was that she was raped. Some say that it's impossible and that Kazuya's innate goodness was still around, perhaps he was attracted to Jun and the two got intimate. Jun soon got pregnant with Jin Kazama. What was revealed was that for some reason, the Kazama blood could suppress the power of Devil which may have been the reason why Kazuya was defeated in Tekken 2.

While playing Tekken 3, I always wondered where she was until years later, I read more about the story. She singlehandedly raised her son Jin and later, told him to seek refuge with Heihachi Mishima. I wonder what she ate to suggest that, perhaps she was not totally aware of Heihachi's darker secrets. During that time, she supposedly tried to fight Ogre but went missing ever since. Is she dead or missing? Only if Namco will verify her fate.

It was pretty disappointing to see her leave but I sort of liked the idea that she and Kazuya had a kid in Jin... now I'm getting creepy. While I was disappointed to see her gone so soon, I was happy to at least play as her (with Kazuya as a Tag Team partner) in the Tekken Tag Tournament games. Non-canonically, she is Unknown as revealed in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

While playing Tekken 5, we have another Kazama but no, she's NOT Jun's daughter but instead, she is her niece. Her father Mr. Kazama might be Jun's brother and in Tekken 6, Jin acknowledges the possibility that they are indeed blood cousins. She is introduced to be different than Jun so I didn't immediately think highly of her. It's just like how as of right now, I have a hard time accepting Cassie Cage over her mother Sonya Blade. But I'll admit, I do enjoy using her and I think I still like her as a character.

Is she really just a Jun clone? Not really, her vigilante attitude combined with her fighting school girl theme makes her a version of Sakura Kusagani from Street Fighter. In Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, she is met with Lili Rochefort who is a spoiled brat similar to Karin Kanzuki, and the rivalry was born. I don't know exactly how think about Asuka but I find her to be a pretty fun character to play as compared to the more masher-friendly ones. With her personality difference, she isn't a Jun clone, she might be inspired by Jun but hey, she is she! Fortunately, she is her very own character even she shares some moves with Jun, at least she's no boring clone but she has her own different attitude that differs her from her peaceful aunt.

In her non-canon ending of Tekken 5, so the Kazamas really do have the ability to suppress the Devil gene. In that ending, she defeats Jinpachi and goes near Devil Jin. What happens is after she touches Devil Jin, the latter turns back to his human form resulting to unintentional incest. In Tekken 6, her conflict with Lili still continues. At the same time, she was there to stop her cousin Jin who had just launched the whole world into conflict.

Comments