I've Just Started Watching Winspector...


While I'm waiting for GoGoFive to end, I thought of watching one thing I thought was pretty weird. What? No main villain for a Tokusatsu series? While I've watched Flashpoint or other police series where there's NO central villain, Winspector does the same and its successors Solbrain and Exceedraft. They're not your average transforming heroes but it's a sci-fi crime show.

What's up with the first seven episodes I've seen? It's sort of a hypothetical setting of technology, what if you had a super suit for rescuing and you were accompanied by two robot companions to help you do your job. Then you've got a lot of day to day crimes that are "upgraded" because of the show's non-existent technology. Then you've got guests from other Tokusatsu shows who are appearing as either victims or criminals of the week. Plus, you've got good old Hiroshi Miyauchi as Commander Masaki.

Until then, I'm still trying to finish this otherwise atypical Tokusatsu series. No main villain, no monsters of the week and it's more of a sci-fi version of western cop shows.

Comments