Words Of Wisdom From Captain Shunsuke Masaki From Winspector Episode 17

From Winspector Episode 15 which has shades of "The Blob", the blob-like creatures came out as a result of reckless development. I felt like these words by Captain Shunsuke Masaki should ring a bell to everyone. 

Scientific development is good and necessary. But there's one thing that Captain Masaki wants to warn us about...

The problem is when we think "change is necessarily good". No, it's not always good. While I'm for innovation but just accepting it for the sake of it or to believe change equals progress is an unhealthy view. Some technology are environmentally friendly but others exploit the environment. Then nature ends up fighting back in some way.

I'm afraid most people just don't take it to heart these days. The whole episode warns us that while technology can be good but if left unchecked, it can be terrible. A certain group of people need to keep that in mind and that's why I'm selective with change. I must accept change but when that change does something unethical, I must reject it.

Comments