Remembering Dexter's Bad Relationship With His Family In Dexter's Laboratory

There are times I feel like writing about my childhood yet again and one of them is when I watched Dexter's Laboratory on Cartoon Network. I thought about the time I watched the show and while there were times his incredible intelligence was defeated by his lack of common sense. But I always thought that I could sympathize with the character because of his "archenemy" his older sister Dee Dee.

I remembered showing sympathy for the character for one good reason. It's how Dee Dee always mysteriously gains access to his laboratory and destroys his inventions. I could remember how she always destroyed them and caused trouble for the boy genius. It must suck for him to have Dee Dee around causing all sorts of trouble for him. Also his parents are such idiots which while it doesn't excuse his bad behavior (at times) but I always felt that he's greatly misunderstood.

The reality of the situation of Dexter's that Dee Dee's not really evil. Sure Dee Dee's a destroyer but it doesn't excuse Dexter's occasional villainy either. One good example is that Dee Dee actually has more common sense than Dexter in some occasions. Dexter may have a high IQ but he's still an inexperienced child or still has much to learn. In the end, Dexter and Dee Dee may have reconciled their differences as hinted by the movie "Ego Trip".

Comments