I Was A Casual Fan Of Lupin III


I remembered watching the 90s French cartoon Night Hood where the character is based on Arsene Lupin. Just a few years later, I ended up watching the comedy Anime Lupin III. Why do I feel like writing about Lupin III out of the blue? It's because of the upcoming Super Sentai is called Patoranger vs. Lupinranger. I want to imagine Detective Zenigata and Lupin III as the red rangers of their respective teams.

O remembered the comedic scenarios that get both Lupin III the grandson of Arsene Lupin gets into with Detective Zenigata. If we could combine the universes of Night Hood and the 70s cartoon Lupin III - one can think of Detective Zenigata as the "grandson" of Inspector Ganimard though it's just impossible. The recurring gag tends to be how Lupin III fights villains for his own personal cause and that he and Detective Zenigata have to join forces at times to beat a common foe.

I haven't really seen much of Lupin III nor am I a huge fan of the franchise. Right now, I just feel the urge to watch the Lupin III movie (where Risa Hontiveros-Baraquel's "daughter" Meisa Kuroki was Fujiko) and the series all over again. Then again, I didn't need to watch more of Robocop to appreciate Janperson or more of Knight Rider to appreciate Winspector.

What are your thoughts on Lupin III?

Comments

Post a Comment