Tekken 7 For Console May Practically Outdo Itself Over Other Fighting Games!

Image above taken from VR World

Tekken 7 is now an ongoing arcade game and so far, I am impressed but I'd like to see how the actual game will be for the Playstation 4 and hopefully for XBox One. Considering that Tekken 7 will get its console release around next year, I would like to think about how the game may fare in the current generation consoles.

Looking at how Mortal Kombat X's graphic engine moved around with 1080 pixels at 60 frames per second and it was impossible to downgrade it for the last generation without much of a compromise, I think that Tekken 7 may end up taking advantage of the Playstation 4 (and hopefully XBox One) when it comes to graphic processor. After I talked with someone who has Mortal Kombat X and says about the buttery smooth fluidity of the game. Tekken has also been known for fluid, masher-friendly gameplay for beginners while promising to go deeper.

I'd like to take a review of Tekken's history for last generation consoles which I thought Tekken 3, Tekken 5 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 were the graceful exits of the systems they were on. While I'm still playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on the Playstation 3 or Tekken 5 on the Playstation 2, I would still admit that the games maximized the potential of the console it was meant to run on. In the case of Tekken 7, it is the first Tekken game for the generation console just as Mortal Kombat X is the first Mortal Kombat game for the current generation console. I just wonder whether or not Tekken 7 will be the ultimate conclusion of the Mishima Clan or not because the series is just so freaking popular.

Reasons for Tekken's popularity can be attributed to the fact that it really knows how to do innovation right for most of its run when it comes to gameplay. Overtime, Tekken added new stuff although not all of them work immediately. Nonetheless, the two player games were still pretty technical and even if I do criticize Tekken 6 for its Scenario Campaign mode because I had to play through Arena Mode to get the endings rather than play through Arcade Mode, I still found the concept interesting and I hope they can improve on it. Like the Tekken games post-PS1, there were really tons and tons of content that keeps you occupied to unlock item customization, Tekken 7 may even have an interesting story mode (hopefully, it will be polished and please, let us unlock the endings the regular way shall we?) to keep us going.

So how will it do? Only time will tell.

Comments