Why Not Getting Mortal Kombat X And A Playstation 4 Immediately After Their Release May Have Been A Good Decision IMO


I do want to get a Playstation 4 for some incoming cool games but to get that system for just one game isn't a sound decision for me. Mortal Kombat X ended up as a game marred with all those annoying microtransactions like "press button to purchase character", so much on your face. The game does have some good mechanics and trying to introduce a new way of fighting for Playstation 4 and XBox One but I thought of the advantages of why a delay can be good.


I remembered when Mortal Kombat (2011) came along and there were still some paid downloadable contents. But later, a Komplete Edition came out with the classic costumes for some characters, the four downloadable characters (Freddy, Skarlet, Kenshi and Rain) plus I was able to get the game at a discount some time later. Sometimes, not getting the game immediately may be the best decision one can make. Mortal Kombat XL would mean I get additional characters and costume packs that those who got the game had to pay for separately. Getting a Playstation 3 and Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition later was worth the wait.


During the pre-order, players may have gotten Goro for free but they had to enter the code to play as him. I guess the XL version would mean no need to download the characters, they are available together with the packs. I just hope that it also means that the Revenant costumes will be automatically available for players as some form of compensation. I mean, the PS3/XBox 360 versions got cancelled due to technical problems. If by now you have saved some money or found the newer generation systems cheaper, there are more cool games to buy then the wait is worth it.

Comments