My Wild Mass Guess Behind Tekken 7's Delayed Release


Tekken 7 is getting released by Spring next year and here's my theory behind all the delays. I would assume it has to do with the sales of Playstation 4 units. Maybe back then, not everyone could afford yet but the price as of late is not that expensive. I guess they were waiting for more sales in units so they could get a massive purchasing on the initial release.

A Playstation 4 owner as of late may feel "Damn! Why isn't Tekken 7 out." But in the entrepreneurial angle, Tekken 7 is meant for the XBox One and Playstation 4 not the XBox 360 and Playstation 3. they may have assumed that since the PS4/XBox One are still "young" they should try to take advantage of the delay to create a really good game. I guess they wanted to observe what may happen with other game releases, study the power of the two systems that Tekken 7 is destined to appear and wait until more people have either n Playstation 4 and XBox One before they release it. I don't think I'd do anything different if I were in the place of Namco's executives.

As much as I thought that the delays were a bad thing, I still can't forget the whole unfortunate circumstance with Netherrealm Studios. They planned to release Mortal Kombat X for PS3, PS4, XBox 360 and XBox One but failed to release for the lower generation systems. I felt like WTF about it. If they were going to make such a great game then they should have simply delayed its release maybe for this year or next year. I guess Netherrealm really got too confident about their victory last 2011 when they released the reboot. They failed to realize that part of their success was that in waiting for the Playstation 3 to age. The Playstation 3 came out during 2006 and the XBox One came out during 2005 and Mortal Kombat's franchise reincarnation appeared a few years after the initial release rather than two years after the Playstation 4's release. Fortunately, they released Mortal Kombat XL some time later as a compensation for those who weren't able to get a Playstation 4 immediately.

I guess Namco didn't want that to happen to them. So they wisely chose to make sure Tekken 7 stays for the eighth generation systems. With the delays going on because it's going to be in a latest console system, I guess it's all about waiting until more people get the game and taking the time to make a good game. I hope Tekken 7 beats Mortal Kombat X's sales records and does a much better performance with better graphics and gameplay. So I guess the delay will be worth it for Tekken fans.

Comments