So I May Not Getting Mighty No. 9?!


At first, I wanted to get Mighty No. 9 because I was a fan of Megaman. I wanted a Megaman successor. I was excited about it. Then there was three years delay and what's the result? I really admit that looking at a FULL gameplay, I'm already thinking about NOT buying it. After looking at this review, I really think WTF! Really? Keiji Inafune what are you thinking?! I can agree with the reviewer of the whole point of playing Megaman.


I'd like to give my views on what I'm seeing based on the full gameplay. Pretty much uninspired, too much emphasis on scores. If I want to get a 2.5 platformer with a Megaman style, it's Megaman X8. The gameplay there was more interesting for a PS2 game. Although the game didn't have Keiji Inafune involved but it was a fun game nonetheless with all the rankings, combos and even if there's no score system, there's all the fun in doing combos and mini-games. SOMETHING that Mighty No. 9 doesn't have based on gameplay. So I'm going to play Megaman X8 all over again than get Mighty No. 9. Oh the disappointment was worse than Mortal Kombat X's cancellation for the seventh generation systems (PS3, XBox One). At least, Mortal Kombat X had BETTER reasons for cancellation and they released XL some time later for those who weren't able to immediately get the eighth generation consoles they're in. And looks like Tekken 7's delay will be more worth it!

Meanwhile, Inafune himself has said this one from the Playstation Lifestyle:

"You know, I want to word this in a way to explain some of the issues that come with trying to make a game of this size on multiple platforms. I’m kind of loath to say this because it’s going to sound like an excuse and I don’t want to make any excuses. I own all the problems that came with this game and if you want to hurl insults at me, it’s totally my fault. I’m the key creator. I will own that responsibility."

Comments