Wishful Thinking: Tekken 7 Gets A Story Mode Similar To Mortal Kombat's Story Mode


After playing Mortal Kombat (2011) and Tekken 6, I really wanted to say that while I'm more of a Tekken fan but Mortal Kombat (2011) had a better story mode. Tekken 6 was first released during 2007 and well Mortal Kombat had some time to polish up its game. My wishful thinking is that hopefully as Tekken 7 is on the works is that it actually follows Mortal Kombat's really great story mode.

The story mode of Mortal Kombat was more fun than the Scenario Campaign. I felt like Scenario Campaign was a downgrade of Armageddon's Konquest Mode in the gameplay area while it provided several cool CGI cutscenes. But the problem of Scenario Campaign was why in the world do I have to play it to get the individual character endings? Plus, the boss fights were pretty sluggish at times AND could have been better if Lars started fighting them one on one arcade style. But my wish is that they'd actually use a story mode similar to that of Mortal Kombat.

Mortal Kombat's Story Mode involved chapters that made you play as several characters in an interactive movie style. I'd actually feel like it'd be cool to play several Tekken characters by chapters. Like one chapter you're Lars and another chapter you're Jin. Then you get a lot of cool CGI cutscenes as the Tekken-verse is explained in a huge story mode. I'd really say that kind of story mode would be much better than the Scenario Campaign that was in Tekken 6. If that happens, an interactive Tekken movie would be a huge middle finger to the Hollywood version of the movie. Then again, I'm a fan of the Blood Vengeance film myself.

Comments