It's 2017 But It's Still Fun To Replay Parasite Eve 2

Some old school games will eventually ROT due to issues like super imbalanced difficulty and difficult controls. Parasite Eve 2 seems to have aged gracefully. I admit, there are times when the old school game tends to be more memorable than the new school game (ex. I prefer most of the old school Resident Evil series or the older Marvel vs. Capcom series' roster) and Parasite Eve 2 is one of those games that I missed playing. The solution was to download it on Playstation Network.

This game is far as I can remember a huge improvement from its first game. I haven't played The Third Birthday because I never bought myself a PSP. The game itself was lots of fun and hard to let go especially with passing through Replay Mode where you get a lot of items making subsequent quest to exterminate Artificial Neo-Mitochondria creatures and bosses an easier task. It was a lot of fun to think about getting everything especially two weapons when you finally reach Rank A and Rank S: the Hypervelocity cannon (which has a very slow firing rate) and the Gunblade from the Final Fantasy series.

IMO, it's a game that's somewhat ahead of its time. The only frustration that I tend to still share with the PSX are the slow loading times. Downloaded from PSN it's a fast treat. Though what I really wish could be done is for Square Enix to remaster the two games for the PS4/XBox One to improve the nostalgic experience. Right now, when I'm bored with some newer games I would go back and play some old school games that still have its charm.

Comments