My View on Hate Fics Against Power Rangers


Okay I got to admit that first and foremost, I don't like Power Rangers (most of them) but one has to admit that hate fic writing is crazy.  I've written some of them already in the past BUT well it's just not fair to write a hate fic.  I used to think it was right until I got overly (but rightfully) criticized for writing "Operation Suicide" where I totally murdered the Operation Overdrive Rangers MERCILESSLY and made them idiots all for the sake of getting revenge on what was a horrible show.  I admit I don't like Kalish, I don't like how Power Rangers Samurai is going on but to villainize a group of lame heroes is what I'd refer to my vice of being hate filled, bashing and all.  But what I did was plain wrong... and sometimes the best way to deal with a hatred for a certain franchise is to ignore it entirely.  If anybody should be blamed for a franchise being lousy, BLAME THE WRITERS!  If Fantasy Leader were to talk, just leave a bad franchise alone... it'll fail on its own!

Well I ended up reading "Gokaiger vs. Samurai" which I think was just too much.  Okay it's OKAY to say, "Power Rangers is lame..." well I can respect people who say that, if they ever bothered to check out the series but to go as far as to monsterize the PR Samurai is too much.  Chris X's two reviews short as they are, mean too much to really hit that it's NOT right to write a bash fic and his final review is a result of his stand against bashing.  For one, the best way to promote Super Sentai to Power Rangers fans is by presenting it as the original, show them why they would watch Super Sentai and NOT turn the Power Rangers into a group of villains trying to corrupt the minds of the youth.  To be honest, I can't even imagine the PR Samurai teaming up with Zangyack or an out-of-character Spongebob Squarepants either.  Yeah, I do hope that story gets deleted and I'm not reading it to avoid turning back into a hatemonger.

Comments