Wishful Thinking: Only if Rick Medina Became Conan!

It was too bad that there was no Conan movie last 2003. I always had my idea that a Conan movie on 2011 was very past due. Remember that after Conan the Barbarian and Conan the Destroyer in the 80s and the hit Conan cartoon in the 90s (which may not please Robert E. Howard), I thought about it if a Conan movie were made in 2003. So what's my take?



I just thought from all the actors who bore a strong resemblance to Conan, it's Ricardo Medina (Rick) before all the tattoos. When I was watching Wild Force and started seeing Cole's huge muscles, I thought the actor himself would be very fit to play the role of the titular protagonist Conan. I just thought having the actor strip down to his underwear, wear the furry underwear and carry the Sword of Atlantis and he would have made a realistic-looking Conan.

The actor has black hair and blue eyes, making Rick more suitable than Arnold Schwarzenegger. Now I don't think Rick is quite a great actor but he would have made a more resemblance to how Conan was drawn. I feel it's a bizarre coincidence that people may have failed to notice Rick Medina and the cartoon Conan. Appearance-wise he should have been Conan.

I would have Stephen Lang act as the villainous sorcerer Thoth-Amon the head worshiper of the serpent god Set and ruler of the Kingdom of Stygia. He goes rampaging the village in search for weapons of steel. It will be stated that long before time began, the god Crom defeated the god Set in battle. The riddle of steel was lost and Thoth-Amon is determined to find the riddle of steel while he starts to grab weapons of steel. Years later, Stygia has become the center of an ever-expanding empire and the Kingdom of Set and Cimmeria. No sooner would his actions spell his demise as Conan had returned, wanting revenge against him and the serpent men.