Perhaps The Most Unforgiving Classic Megaman Game During The Old School Days

I always hear the hype of Megaman 2 is the best Megaman game. Personally, I don't think so. It's a good game but I thought about it as perhaps "the most unforgiving" of the Classic Megaman series. Let me tell you a couple of stuff while I started playing this game with the frustration factor. Then again, there's always the frustration when you start playing older games in a game franchise -- when I didn't start with the first two games.

I thought about some frustrations. I could talk about Quickman's stage and those annoying cannons. Easy way? Use the Time Stopper but you need it to beat Quickman! I think about the whole game where you lose Energy Tanks in-between the castle stages. Now I could talk about the frustration factor with the fortress bosses! Yes, them! Once you die you must go back AGAIN to a certain part and the frustration -- especially with the incredibly challenging (and often frustrating) level designs that you had to venture through all over again.

I could talk over and over again about how Dr. Wily fights here were THAT ridiculous. I could talk about how I had to overspam the Metal Blade as a cheap way to win against the Wily machine. The whole annoying "Alien" final boss (which is a deadly hologram) could damage you by half by merely coming in contact with it. I guess Capcom simply ended up finding ways to REALLY start balancing stuff as the Megaman series got older.

Honestly, I think about it maybe I'm too much of a Megaman X fan (except for Megaman X7) where difficult challenges are met with easier, more balanced controls. Megaman 2 is one game I think can be THAT frustrating for me. Hehe. 

Comments