Liu Kang: My Favorite Mortal Kombat Character


Liu Kang had become my top favorite character all these years, in fact, it seems always was, always will be. So I thought that he was a pretty interesting guy, kind of noisy and all, and also how his character went through in fighting after some of the games most difficult enemies like Goro, Shang Tsung, Kintaro, Shao Kahn, and so on. He also gained the reputation as the Shokan beater since in his storyline, he defeated Goro, Kintaro, and Sheeva in battle which he may have knocked them off during the Outworld Invasion when they hoped by killing him, Shao Kahn would restore their honor.

His relationship with Kitana is another- okay so it's freaky that Kitana is 10,000 years old in Earth years but she's relatively young in Edenian years, noticing that Sindel is aged and Kitana hasn't. They had their relationship and I kind of thought that it was odd but likable. So he also has a Ryu/Ken relationship with Kung Lao, which was emphasized in the retconned story of Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks which rewrote the MK2 storyline for some reason. So it was kind of nice to have that Ryu/Ken thing between him and Kung Lao, with Kung Lao being the Ken Masters of the two, being kind of cocky but still his best friend.

So I really hated the fact that in Deadly Alliance, he was killed off which really made me want not to buy the game. For Deception, I kind of enjoyed his new appearance as "Evil Liu Kang" but they could have given him crazy new moves in that form like an Ashura warp like Evil Ryu's or maybe, make him kind of go crazy with rage and all. However he also had his old self costume where the chains used to revive him (later revealed it was done by the now corrupted Raiden) and this continued in Armageddon, and I kind of like his alternate personality. I wonder if he was returned back to life after the failure of Taven's quest to stop Armageddon.

I somehow hope he won't be written off - my one true favorite MK character.


Comments