Similarities Between G.I.Joe the Movie and Transformers the Movie
With the fact that both G.I.Joe the Movie and Transformers the Movie were created by Sunbow, I can't help but notice the similarities. So now for a little rundown:
- The fight between Duke and Serpentor. It would remind some of the battles between Optimus Prime and Megatron although Duke is NOT the leader and it's General Hawk. Duke was supposed to die but due to the negative impact of Optimus Prime's death by the younger audience, he was rewritten to be simply in a coma although he was poisoned near a vital organ and such an attack would kill anyone in the real life.
- The character Lt. Falcon (Duke's reckless maternal half-brother) would be likened to Hot Rod who first appears incompetent but becomes the hero at the end of the day. Both were only introduced during the movie.
- Serpentor and Cobra Commander share a Megatron and Starscream relationship although Cobra Commander was really the real leader of Cobra and Serpentor was the usurper. The part where Serpentor was hurt and Cobra Commander left him to be captured is like how Starscream would leave Megatron in a bad state to take over.
- Dr. Mindbender would be like Soundwave, being the most loyal to the incumbent leader as well as the most intelligent member of their respective organizations.
- The Cobra-La's mock trials could be compared to the Quintessons' mock trials, Golobulus would probably pay tribute to the Quintessons.