Mortal Kombat vs. Marvel Universe
Here's my fantasy game called Mortal Kombat vs. Marvel Universe. Now here's some details of the game.
Unlike Mortal Kombat vs. DC that will focus on a non-canon story against Shao Kahn, I would try to make a non-canon sequel for Mortal Kombat 2011 with Shinnok and Quan Chi attempting to take over the Universe. Here, Loki and Pluto also enter. Liu Kang and Kung Lao are freed by Raiden from their state as Shinnok's soldiers but the rest still need to be rescued. Thor and Raiden join forces gathering heroes from Marvel and Mortal Kombat to combat Shinnok's menace. Meanwhile Shinnok teams up with Loki and villains from both Marvel and Mortal Kombat team up. The battle is now being fought once again, only this time it can be won by mortals.
The gameplay will follow some of MK 2011's basic system but not entirely. In fact, here's some modifications that could be done for the fighting system:
- The "flip stance" is removed and characters who face left and face right have different stances much like the Tekken series.
- Another system that will be added is the "air combo" system where characters can do combos in the air like MK Armageddon but only deeper.
- Due to Marvel being owned by Disney, it will have some MK vs. DC elements namely no blood but Marvel heroes will still have fatalities.
- Stage fatalities still exist but it will be less gory.
- Friendships return replacing Babalities.
- X-Ray moves are replaced with "Super Moves" which can only be performed at a full bar similar to that of Super Street Fighter II Turbo.
- No darkening of background during Fatalities and Friendships.
The Arcade Mode won't feature the "Mixed", "Marvel" or "Mortal Kombat" rounds. Rather, it will be like regular. It will also feature a tag team mode. Tag team mode will feature a tag team final boss also namely Loki and Shinnok. You can have single team vs. tag team which will still be like MK2011.
There will also be a Story Mode. Unlike the MK vs. DC way, it will have the MK 2011 type of story mode. Here the events will get you to play different characters but not a chapter by chapter basis. The events will start from the prequel to the final tournament.