The Darker Side Of Liu Kang!

Playing through Mortal Kombat Deception up to Mortal Kombat (2011), I started to think of how Liu Kang ended up becoming like...

That's right, Evil Ryu!  During the time he appeared in Mortal Kombat Deception as a vengeful corpse (other half) and his soul (other half), I always felt like there was some inner evil in him.  Unfortunately this struggle would soon be carried over even to the next life.  I was thinking did him beating Shinnok way back in his past life also create the taint in the next life?  It's not yet known nor confirmed if his encounter with Shinnok really destroyed his soul.

During Mortal Kombat (2011), the reincarnated Liu Kang showed a darker side.  I always felt like that while Liu Kang started as a Bruce Lee inspired character, he instead became a Chinese version of Ryu.  After he saw Kung Lao die at Shao Kahn's hands during the Outworld Tournament, he revealed inner rage which continuously built up.  Heck, he even soon went against Raiden, going crazier no thanks to the latter's blunders.

In Mortal Kombat X, it's not a bit surprising that he is a Revenant warrior.  IMO my beef with the storyline was that, they could have at least explored more the dark energy with him.  I mean, he practically died with the most grudges in him.  He grows incredibly bitter and I mean, he practically gave in tot he dark energy that's within him.  But I wish the story explored he had the Evil Ryu type of problems.  In that game, he IS really the game's Evil Ryu!  Only if they gave him gorier fatalities using dark energy!  

Comments