My MK11 Story Trailer Reaction


Excited? Nervous? I admit, I'm getting excited at the prospect of my favorite MK villain of all time Shao Kahn returning (though I still get a bummer over Netherrealm's rather unfair treatment of Shinnok as a fallen Elder God) as rather pre-order DLC but let's focus on the story. The trailer now gives the plot of where Kronika who is probably the Elder Goddess of Time (similar to Kali in Indian mythos) goes back in time to talk to Shao Kahn. Shao Kahn who possibly had the most badass finish when the Elder Gods destroyed him for violating the rules of Mortal Kombat was most likely revived by Kronika in the process.

Both past and present collide together in this game. I doubt it Kronika is the bwahahahahahaha type evil villain -- maybe she's just a neutral character who is in charge of keeping with the Yin and Yang of the Universe. Raiden's actions have upset the balance of Yin and Yang. She has gone as far as to go down into the Netherrealm to get its current rulers Liu Kang Kitana -- though there's no sign of Shinnok becoming playable (but I hope he would too) though she might as well restore Yan Wang back to his rightful position as ruler of the Netherrealm. I mean, go by Chinese mythologies and you'll realize Shinnok is Tong Tian Jiao Zhu while the one called Lucifer is probably just used as a codename to the Elder God known as Yan Wang. Yan Wang the ruler of the Netherrealm is NOT an evil character -- he's the one who judges everyone and ALL who die must report to said realm!

The trailer also features Raiden talking with the Elder Gods (or at least a past version of Raiden). Hmmm I wonder what mandate will the Jade Emperor have in trying to maintain Yin and Yang in the Universe? Also, Raiden and Kotal joining forces to defeat Shao Kahn? I'm even wondering where are the Eight Immortals and Sun Wukong when you need them huh?

Comments