Marvel VS. Capcom Infinite's Infinitely MISSED POTENTIAL

There are great new games but just because it's new -- it doesn't mean that it's new then it must be good. That's a problem that some people have if they only care something is new -- rather than care if something new delivers the results it intended. The same can be true for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. I wouldn't call it to be extremely horrendous. Like Tekken 7 -- it had potential but it really missed out on what it could've done. The game's potential was reduced to severe levels.

At first, I had great hopes for the game. Megaman X and Zero? Check! Two vs. two is finally back? I ended up disliking three vs. three seeing how ultra-chaotic and unfocused it is! A story mode? I really say that the story mode has some interesting concepts such as Sigma and Ultron coming in. But the game has ruined itself. Maybe, this game also helped me see how making Shao Kahn as paid DLC if you didn't pre-order Mortal Kombat 11 to be a bad thing. Wasn't Sigma well, ALREADY in the game like Shao Kahn was in MK11? Sheesh, gaming companies do buy the advice of Corporate Commander more often than not!

Now, let's consider the roster. Actually, having a smaller roster can be a breath of fresh air but too little provides too little fresh air. I thought about the possible things that could've been in if X-Men characters were in. People know I'm a Wolverine fanboy. I thought that X-Men characters who appeared in the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games deserve to be here. The plot involves Sigma and Ultron into becoming Ultron Sigma -- their quest is to start a new age for robots and to do away with organic life forever. I think Wolverine and Storm could've been worthy additions even if the Avengers will get the spotlight. Nobody misses the X-Men? Who are the people trying to kid? The X-Men have been the longest Marvel's cash cow -- yet Marvel now badly derails the X-Men such as the senseless retcon of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, Iceman suddenly ends up pleasing SJW stupidity (don't even get me started) or the death of Jean Grey in favor of Emma Frost.

I thought about watching Angry Joe's review and I admit -- the game itself has some promise but fails to deliver it. Arcade mode? It just ends up as one reason why I berate Virtua Fighter. Remember how Virtual Fighter ends when the arcade mode ends? No character what-if ending -- it just ends like that! I could understand if Marvel vs. Capcom 2 lacked it because there are 56 characters after all -- I think shrinking the roster could've been compensated by giving them character-specific endings. It just bums up, especially that there could've been a lot of potential what-if endings even if they were presented in the same way X-Men vs. Street Fighter did it with an upgrade. But none? Like WTF! It really gets so messed up on several levels, right?

Comments