Transformers Masterforce Is The Worst Takara Transformers Series

Before Transformers' Takara continuity ended with Transformers Zone (because it NEVER became a TV series) -- there was my least favorite (and I'd say I really hate it with a passion) called Transformers: Masterforce. I think it's really the LOWEST point of the series. I remembered how I really disliked this one and still dislike it as an adult. So, what's the point of this series huh Takara? Sidenote, Takara started the Transformers toyline but it was Hasbro that got the concept kicking. Then Takara would have their own continuity. Whatever agreements Hasbro and Takara had -- I don't really know at all!

Masterforce is a deviation of the traditional Transformers. We have the concepts of human beings from Earth with the ability to become Transformers. It was a result of the new villain called Devil Z (Devil Zetto) and his desire to conquer Earth. You have humans who become Autobots and humans who can become Decepticons. We have the concept of the Masterforce energy. But the whole show just ends up more like it should be Gransaizer or Justirizers than Transformers if you ask me!

Perhaps my most HATED change in this show is how Jinrai is a freaking Optimus Prime abomination. It's probably even much worse than what Michael "Dynaman" Bay had with Optimus Prime. Having the body of the greatest Autobot leader ever getting used by some Gary Stu named Ginrai is just WTF. I really felt like what in the world were they thinking of creating an Optimus Prime clone known as Ginrai? It's really that much of a WTF especially if you've watched more of the Hasbro continuity. Optimus Primal keeps up with the spirit of Optimus Prime? But Ginrai? I used to like him a lot -- only because I thought he was Optimus Prime having bonded with a human. Years later, that all just fell apart when I discovered he is NOT the legendary Optimus Prime! So, I have no qualms with him becoming Victory Leo who is but a boost for Star Saber then!

I just thought the show had several loose ends. So it's only revealed at the END of the show that Black Zarak was Scorponok reconstructed? It also should be baffling at how the show doesn't tie in the mythologies that Hasbro started. I think Black Zarak should've just been introduced as Scorponok reconstructed as he was introduced. Then he just lost it when Devil Z decided to take over the said character. This also has me wondering about several plots that could've been used way back. Such as the Quintessons or Unicron. Couldn't Devil Z be linked to that? IMHO I would have probably made him Unicron's consciousness.

And I have to admit -- I wasn't a fan of Transformers: Headmasters too. It was a terrible follow-up to an already low-tier season namely Transformers Season 3. If there was any Transformers series by Takara that mattered -- it was Transformers: Victory!

Comments