Street Fighter: Them Harder To Use Charge-Based Characters


As a casual fan of Street Fighter - I usually picked the non-charge characters and Ryu ultimately became my favorite character. Maybe, it's because he's the protagonist or what? Either way, Ryu happens to be my favorite character. I remembered times when I actually started to try using the charge characters and they pose a challenge. It's because you had to charge for at least two seconds and then rapidly push the other direction and the specific button. Such characters that were heavily dependent on charge moves were Chun-Li, Guile, Charlie, Dee Jay, Balrog, Vega, and General Bison to name a few. These characters couldn't just spam projectiles like the non-charge characters would. Yet, what's worse was that the CHEATING CPU could execute and spam these charge moves repeatedly!

Then who can remember these annoying delta motion charge super moves? Doing it on the D-Pad is really THAT ANNOYING so I never got the chance to pull them out during the fifth generation console days. TBH, I actually pulled my hair and gave up, managed to do them once, but it really is so annoying. You had to hold DB, then QUICKLY slide to DF, DB, then UF, and press the specified button. It had to be properly timed too. One of the most infamous ones is Blanka's fruit attack in SFA3 which was very HARD TO LAND. Good thing that the super move was not really repeated again in other installments. Though classics like Guile's and Vega's delta motion super moves are still there. SFIV series actually did use SSTF2T mechanics one way or another. The easiest way to do them was on the Analog Pad for the sixth generation and onwards.

As said, it's possible to master them but it takes a lot of patience and mastering other moves or learn to use combos instead of relying too much on special moves. It would really be that rewarding if you've found at least one charge-based character that suits your style. For me, Chun-Li (when she's charge-based) really suits my style. Though, I'd rather still use the non-charge characters! 

Comments