The Faerie Tale Theatre

I haven't decided what to write on and I decided to dig in some old treasures in my childhood. I remembered back when TV-5 was still ABC-5 and there was the 1980s show (but it was during the 1990s when I saw it) called Faerie Tale Theatre. The narrator was Shelly Duval (who played Olive Oyl in the Popeye movie with the late Robin Williams as Popeye). This was probably among those simpler times. Various stories were adapted and edited with a twist. I remembered watching them on Sunday evening (and later, it was rescheduled so I was no longer able to watch more of them) which was all part of my childhood.

So, what TV episodes do I remember? If my memory serves me right then the following are the ones I've seen:

  • Aladdin
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Cinderella
  • Jack and the Beanstalk
  • Little Red Riding Hood
  • Pinocchio
  • Puss in Boots 
  • Rip Van Winkle
  • Rumpelstiltskin
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • The Boy Who Left Home to Find Out About the Shivers
  • The Emperor's New Clothes
  • The Frog Prince
  • The Little Mermaid
  • The Nightingale
  • The Pied Piper of Hamelin
  • The Princess and the Pea
  • The Princess Who Never Laughed
  • The Snow Queen
I enjoyed watching this. Somehow, watching some of the episodes available on Youtube. Unlike some shows in the past - I think it's still worth rewatching even if many of the cast members are either past their prime or gone. For me, it's still a wonderful memory to rewatch. 

Comments