MK1 Has A Motaro Kameo Fighter?

I could highlight how much I HATED Motaro. He was reduced to JUST A CAMEO in Mortal Kombat (2011). I was more than happy that he didn't make it as a non-playable boss. My wild hunch was that either he was THAT difficult to input, the motion capture nightmare, or it was possible to implement him (as evidenced by the Story Mode cameo). I could say that it's possible to make him IMMUNE to X-Ray attacks as well as projectiles and throws. That action will totally break the game balance resulting in a very unbalanced boss character. Sure, Mortal Kombat bosses are supposedly difficult but he's just PLAIN OBNOXIOUSLY DIFFICULT.

I'm amazed to hear that Motaro is returning as a Kameo Fighter. There's even leaked footage where he and Reiko are in Story Mode. I guess Netherrealm Studios has found better motion capture technology or CGI for the character. His becoming an assistant character isn't really an issue. 

Any Marvel vs. Capcom player may have noticed the Special Partners in the titular game (which had a limited use) simply do an assist. If Motaro is indeed going to be a Kameo Fighter - he's not someone to fight but only someone to assist. I can see why he would be a Kameo Fighter though I feel insulted by Goro's role as one.

I think Motaro would still be redeemed eventually. Sure, I always will hate him as a sub-boss due to how cheesy he is. However, I wouldn't mind him being a Kameo Character since that wouldn't really tip off the scale that much. 

Comments