Mortal Kombat 1 Recent Trailer: The Official Rulers Of Outworld


Mortal Kombat 1 happens in a new era where people get reincarnated after the passing of the previous one. I guess Mortal Kombat 9 is best viewed as the franchise's reincarnation where several character roles are replayed. Certain characters are reincarnated in never seen ways before. I guess Sindel got reincarnated from a caring queen to a gold digger and I hope she's reincarnated good again. Shao is called General Shao since Kahn means EMPEROR. The new era has Mileena reborn as Kitana's older sister instead of her clone. In MK9, Mileena was reincarnated to have never grown up with Kitana but came out only later. 

A lot of role reversals happen during reincarnation. Raiden is reincarnated into a mortal with some power over electricity. Raiden is now the new Mortal Kombat champion. Liu Kang is now the Protector of Time itself with Geras. Geras no longer serves Kronika. Presumably, Liu Kang defeated Kronika again or probably had her reincarnated as a cockroach. Maybe, Shinnok never took over the Netherrealm and it's now rightfully ruled by Yama. Shao Kahn has become a general for Outworld scheming to take over Sindel's throne. I guess there's no perfect timeline and the OCD villain Kronika just refuses to accept that!

I do feel mixed about Motaro's return. It's obvious that I hated the character since Mortal Kombat Trilogy. I was even glad that Mortal Kombat (2011) turned Motaro into The Unfought. I guess the game developers did have Motaro prepared AND they found out he'd be too hard. Making Motaro uniquely immune to X-Ray attacks and projectiles can tip off the balance. I believe Motaro wasn't included because he would totally be a lot harder than Goro, Kintaro, Shang Tsung (boss) and Shao Kahn. Motaro got rightfully struck off and was reduced to JUST A CAMEO. The cameo does suggest that Motaro was indeed drafted. 

I wouldn't mind having a Centaur assist me in throwing fireballs or reflecting projectiles while playing as General Shao. I have the guilty pleasure of playing as Shao Kahn whenever he's playable. I kinda wanted to imagine I'm this big bad boss. I didn't mind Shao Kahn getting powered down in many playable incarnations. His Mortal Kombat 11 incarnation is still fun to play as. Seeing General Shao himself is rather cool. 

I think several aspects are still unwelcome. I wonder where in the world is Hanzo Hasashi in this new era? I also don't like the idea of Goro being a Kameo character instead of a regular character like General Shao. It would be cool to play as a depowered Goro again like in Mortal Kombat X. Woe is it that I can't play a depowered Goro again! I really enjoyed being Goro in MKX making special dialogue like, "You cannot defeat Goro!" or "Taste the might of Goro!" playing as him. As for Mortal Kombat 4 - yeah I can forget that game now!

My big question is if Mortal Kombat 1 can be a worthy competitor to Tekken 8? Tekken 8 may seem to seek to do better than what Tekken 7 did. I was hyped to get Tekken 7 but it turned out to be BLAND AND ANEMIC. I ended up plugging the PS3 back to play Tekken 6 all over again for that reason. Tekken 6 is a game that beats Mortal Kombat (2011) for me. However, Tekken 7 was really a downer that I ended up playing Mortal Kombat X more. I feel Tekken 8 might be the fix fans are asking and it will go directly to consoles. 

Comments