When Horror Movie Murderers Guest Star In The Mortal Kombat Franchise

Since it's Halloween I think it's time for a really good scare. It's ironic how I could play the Mortal Kombat franchise while cringing over live-action gore. Yeah, talk about it that I played Resident Evil 3 on the PS1, loaded a Gameshark, and enjoyed using infinite ammo on the zombies. I guess CGI blood isn't as scary as the realistic blood used in R-18 movies or actual blood. Mortal Kombat is a franchise known for its extreme violence, it created the ESRB rating board, and it's very controversial. I thought about some of my favorite opponents in Mortal Kombat namely horror movie serial killers!

Freddie Kruger as a DLC

The great reboot Mortal Kombat (2011) added Freddy Kruger from the Nightmare on Elm Street. Okay, I did play as him but only to complete the gallery on Komplete Edition. The game did go as far as to give him two pairs of razor-sharp claws presumably due to the use of the left and right arms. Maybe, it's to make him more threatening than Baraka. This guy is pure nightmare fuel and potentially be worse than Shao Kahn himself. The guy was added as a DLC. I always found myself thrilled to fight him as Liu Kang. I never EVER fought this guy honorably and would cheese against him. I even enjoy using The Beast Within fatality on him WITHOUT MERCY. 

I did have a nightmare I was Liu Kang facing off against Freddy. I was frustrated because some people were preventing me from blowing Freddy up. I was getting ready to throw a fireball where there were some explosives - hoping to kill Freddy with them. I did get mad at someone and saw myself becoming Revenant Liu Kang in that weird dream. 

Mortal Kombat X decided to give two more bloody murderers


Mortal Kombat X didn't only add Alien and Predator. Talk about the two notoriously bloody serial murderers namely Jason Voorhees from Friay the 13th and Leatherface from Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I felt bad that Freddy never returned because we could've had Freddy vs. Jason as much as we can have Alien vs. Predator. Like Freddy, I never had any enjoyment playing as these guys but I had all the fun KILLING THEM with either a Brutality or a Fatality. Thankfully, there's the 1P vs. CPU mode which allows one to select their opponents. 

I end up pitting Liu Kang against Leatherface where I use the Hot Mess Brutality move. There are times I also perform Liu Kang's Sore Throat fatality. Sure, the fatality had its own fair share of criticism and I don't blame fans. I think people are too used to Liu Kang's fire-based fatalities than that VERY GENERIC fatality. Yet, I end up enjoying doing the Sore Throat fatality on Tremor (due to the intro quote that freaked me out) and letting Leatherface eat his own throat. 

From the non-canon endings, I think Jason's ending where Liu Kang recruited him but fought back was something. I was seeing my favorite character getting mauled by Jason. That also led me to have the enjoyment of ending Jason's life in the CPU. I always enjoyed fighting Unstoppable Variation because I just can't get enough of pummeling him. I prefer to also rip off Jason's throat because of a certain Jason spreading misinformation. 

Comments