WTF: Onaga X Li Mei In A Non-Canon Ending?

It's no secret that I have no desire to play Mortla Kombat Deception ever again. I think Onaga himself was wasted as a plot device just to show why Shao Kahn rules. Sure, I hate Hsu Hao in Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance while I felt both Mavado and Daegon had potential. The Red Dragon became wasted. Onaga is wasted. In the new timeline, Onaga is the secret mastermind of the Red Dragon clan. Yet, Onaga never returned to the video games and ends up as just another butt money. Now, I think I'm feeling sorry for Onaga even if he's a villain. It's because of how Netherrealm Studios treats the character.

One crazy ending worth mentioning is Li Mei. Li Mei was just some random chick and test character. Ther ending in Deception is just far more stupid than I can think. Sure, the game's title is Deception but does everything have to be deception? Li Mei was corrupted as a result of Shang Tsung's and Quan Chi's machinations. Li Mei is restored and we get what might be dumbest ending in Deception. The game did also pop out some useless characters like Kobra and Kira. Meanwhile, I'm a fan of Havik where I wished he was in Mortal Kombat 11

Making Li Mei betray everyone for Onaga is just too stupid. Like WUT? It's almost like a recycle of Tanya's ending. Except Tanya's bio reveals that she's a TRAITOR to begin with. Instead, turning Li Mei into a bad girl in her own ending is funny. Worse, Onaga even decides to take Li Mei as his queen. That feels random if you ask me. Sure, I can take Kotal x Jade but Onaga x Li Mei in a non-canon ending is WTF. 

Comments