Street Fighter II V Episodes 11-13: The India Arc And Key To Hadouken


Street Fighter II V moved all the way from Thailand to India. It takes 2.5 to 4.5 hours but if they were using a business flight (along with Manga logic), then WHATEVER! Sagat handed over to Ryu the sketch and look for Dhalsim. Dhalsim is far closer ot the games than he was at the movies. Dhalsim is no Shadaloo-forced agent but a mystic monk. Sure, Ryu and Ken look like their 1994 movie counterparts, but whatever. 

The story seems independent of Shadaloo, or is it? The story has a volunteer doctor named Dr. Hanna and Ken's unrealistic power of money. Money is powerful but NOT that powerful. Ken volunteers to turn Dr. Hanna's clinic into a real hospital for the poor. So yeah, the Masters family is into charity activity after all. Ken may be helpful, but he has a LOT to learn about what it means to be a warrior, rather than just throwing in cash to help others. So yeah, I wish I had Ken's money so I could help more people, but it can also corrupt me too. LOL.

Dhalsim becomes the spiritual guide to the power of Hadouken, with an exposition of Bodhidharma's power. However, we also see the real cost of learning the Hadouken. It was fun to see Ryu struggle and not fire the Hadouken so casually. Most of the Anime's DNA was practically ripped straight from the Street Fighter movie. Now, you're asking Ryu and Ken to go from fisticuffs to learning the spiritual energy of the Hadouken. 

It was cool to enter that Nightmare Fuel Cave of Ancients. The plot twist? The reflection and the monsters were often the other person. Ryu and Ken nearly destroyed each other. Ryu temporarily lost vision in one eye, and Ken had broken ribs. Dhalsim used unrealistically fast healing powers though he required them to take some rest. 

The possibility that M. Bison actually graced India via his armies, but for him it was Tuesday
 

I do believe that Bison was indeed masterminding the attacks in India. The destruction of the clinic was probably because Bison probably asked the owner to build a business park for Shadaloo. The treasure hunters? Well, I mean, why couldn't the local authorities even apprehend them? I bet Bison either silenced the police and military with whatever resources he had. The treasure hunters were more arrogant than usual.

The treasure hunters were after some artifact in the Cave of Ancients. I bet Bison has some plans for it in his Shadaloo operation. The statue and the energy inside that cave probably would link to the Psycho Power inside it. 

For all those atrocities, confront Bison about them and for him, it was just Tuesday!

Perfectly wasted a good plot: My wish for a Ryu vs. Guile rematch


I thought about how Guile's first appearance was necessary for Ryu and Ken to develop. IMHO, I fellt Guile was wasted in by NOT BEING FEATURED. Sure, Guile's NOT the protagonist but remember that his role is to save people like you and me from getting killed. Guile jumps in, takes the bullet, stalls villains, and saves the day by making sure civilian casualties are kept at bay. 

Ryu confronts his weakness in the Cave of Ancients after the treasure is returned. My take? I think Guile SHOULD'VE been involved in rescuing the village. We can have him show up in India where he runs into Ryu and Ken the second time. Ryu and Ken still have a lot ot learn and someone as senior as Guile is a plot device. Guile could've been there in the village where he does hostage negotiation and the like. Guile could've easily expounded on Shadaloo's lore even before Bison shows up

My take? I wish Ryu and Guile had a real rematch with Ryu winning this time. Consider it like how Goku and Tien in Dragon Ball Z had a rematch. Ryu and Guile would have a rematch at the waterfall area, so Guile could teach Ryu. Guile arrested the nasty treasure hunters. Guile should seriously have taught Ryu more discipline. Ryu wins and Guile nods, gives a thumbs-up, and later heads to America to see the clowns get their sentencing. 

Comments