Well, it's almost time to conclude the story. Street Fighter II V focuses on Ryu and Ken. It's ONLY fair enough for Ryu and Ken to have rotating screen time. Ken was the one who defeated Vega while Ryu was trying to master the Hadouken. Now, Ken gets his opportunity to shine in trying to stop Bison's Pax Bisonica plans. In fact, the "super soldier" plan here is to take over warriors' minds!
Ken unleashed the Hadou Shoryuken to cause damage. Honestly, I appreciate the way that Street Fighter II V didn't use special move spamming. Instead, everyone had to learn their powers because they're fighting not just against a madman but a "god complex" character in Bison. Bison had both Ryu and Chun Li (now wearing her video game attire) turned into mindless soldiers that could help him establish the Pax Bisonica he dreamed of.
Every scene between Ken and a Posssessed Ryu is just beautiful. Sure, Group TAC knew they had to wrap it up. However, it becomes so good because the raw reality of fisticuffs. You don't have Ken and Ryu throwing Hadoukens like nothing. Instead, Ken has to fight against Possessed Ryu. Bison also has Possessed Chun Li whom he treats like some kind of fragile doll.
The Guile vs. Zangief fight
It was disappointing IMHO that Guile didn't go to India and give Ryu a rematch. Honestly, I felt that Ryu should've grown by having a rematch with Guile and winning after their first encounter. Here? Well, Charlie and Guile both infiltrate Shadaloo HQ.
One of the most amazing fight scene animations IMO is Guile vs. Zangief. Zangief is just a clueless klutz. So yeah, I thought it could've been funny if Guile and Charlie attacked and Zangief said, "QUICK! CHANGE THE CHANNEL!" Instead, we have Zangief and Guile having a fight Zangief has absolutely NO CLUE of anything.
I feel the Guile vs. Zangief scene was probably because of the Cold War. Zangief was a hero in the games. Group TAC was a Japanese company so why put Zangief as a bad guy? Street Fighter II's big factory (Zangief's stage) had the COMMUNIST sign of the hammer and sickle. I guess it became "logical" to turn Zangief into a bad guy here. However, without Dee Jay, he's not getting any lectures about that. Dee Jay is ABSENT. In fact, Zangief's fate becomes unknown. It's possible that Zangief got rescued BTS eventually. Vega's fate? Well, left unknown just like the movie.
So yeah, I still wish Zangief got to hear Bison talk about the Pax Bisonica. It was probably planned, but the 29-episode span forbade it.
Cammy vs. Fei Long for Dorai's fate
For some reason, Street Fighter II V decided to spare Dorai. Cammy heard Dorai may have survived her "flawless attempt". Well, I guess Cammy is probably just as old as everyone. An 18-19 year old assassi? That's probably something to think about. This is where Fei Long actually gets to shine not just as an actor but an ALLY. Yes, Fei Long pretends to be Dorai then stops Cammy.
Still, I'm disappointed at how Balrog became that adaptational wimp. As said, I assume Dee Jay's absence wasn't just because Crayon Shin Chan defeated Street Fighter II V. Instead, it's also because Balrog became rightfully aligned with the bad guys and is doing Movie Dee Jay's job. This Balrog isn't stupid compared the meatheaded one from the games. Balrog has adaptive intelligence. I mean, this Balrog doesn't beat up people. Sadly, we don't get to see him at least do some raw fisticuffs presumably due to budget trimming.





Comments
Post a Comment