Luke Evans' Gaston Is A Muscular Jafar

It's been a year since the Beauty and the Beast film and aside from my most petty complain that Emma Watson ain't hot enough to be Belle -- I thought I could talk about casting Luke Evans as Gaston felt funny. First, Gaston is supposedly good-looking but instead, we get a Gaston who seriously looks like the lovechild of Gaston and Jafar's sister Nasira (from the video game, Aladdin in Nasira's Revenge) instead of Gaston.

If you remembered The Secret of the Hunchback -- there's Frollo here who is the high sheriff of Paris. This version of really Gaston body-wise but ends up having Jafar's facial features. Like Gaston, he's got a small sidekick similar to Lefou and he lusts after the beauty of the story. Oh, should I mention...

Esmeralda in the said cartoon short -- looks like a cheaper version of Belle from Beauty and the Beast? She even dresses up like Belle. I have to admit, Evans appearance made me think, "Jafar is that you?" when I first saw the trailer. 

Comments