I'm A Batman X Poison Ivy Fan Shipper


Sime fans kind of like the Batman x Catwoman as an anti-hero x anti-villain pairing. I'm not a comics purist and personally, I'm getting upset at a decline of the whole comic industry. I welcome certain changes if they do good. I remembered watching Batman: The Animated Series and I freaking started a rather weird trend of Batman x Poison Ivy shipping which caused me to think about how I wish Poison Ivy-related episodes were written.


I can't forget the way I started to ship them in "Pretty Poison" and "Eternal Youth". I thought about making Poison Ivy have an unhealthy interest in Batman which puts her at odds with the villains. Think about Enchantress' villainous crush on Thor (and I confess, I tend to ship them in spite of their differences). One of my ideas would involve Poison Ivy actually offering Batman more than once a chance to be her ally or even her would-be consort even to the point she may want to get rid of him (but it grieves her) if she can't be his. I think "Eternal Youth" could have given the chance of where Poison Ivy offers a chance in becoming his and he refuses. The obsession doesn't end as I could actually come up with one extremely cracky episode.

Yup, I think about the whole "Chemistry" episode. No, I wouldn't want that Poison Ivy to appear less human. I'd probably have a less convoluted scheme of creating plant creatures and focus it on a marriage of convenience -- especially when she discovers that Batman is Bruce Wayne. I didn't like Wolverine x Viper (I'm a Wolverine x Storm shipper) - I kinda like Batman x Poison Ivy for some strange reason. I even thought about her marrying Bruce. In the end, they seemingly divorce though it's revealed that she's merely his estranged wife and not his ex-wife. 


Well, I'm not a comics reader myself (and I really hardly follow comics vs. the animated media adaptations) - I thought that this scene of Poison Ivy and Batman could have actually been something. It didn't matter how one-sided it felt or the love-hate relationship - I wanted to make it a kiss-slap-kiss relationship. I think she and not Catwoman would have been a crack pairing. It seems that her feelings for Batman is one of conflict - they're supposedly enemies yet she has feelings for him. I think about how I wish comics pursued more romantic and lustful tensions between the two or even have them married and estranged.

In my own imagination, it would be quite a decision to have them both as the ones getting married in a reboot continuity. I even want to imagine that they actually do manage to produce fraternal twins - each one a split copy of each other. Or two, make a bit of Wolverine/Viper type of pairing but have them just merely estranged - not fully divorced or annulled. Hmmm... maybe have her marry Batman out of convenience? 


Sorry Batman and Catwoman shippers! Hehe!

Comments

  1. I also ship the two and wish there were more stories of them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ship the two as well. I feel like Batman would understand her more than anyone and would properly guide her. Poison Ivy being around with other villains will only bring bad influences to her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment