The Much Wasted Opportunity Called Megaman Legends 3

As I look back to last decade, as I look back to the late 90s and the time the PS1 and the PS2 introduced a lot of cool stuff -- I still think about the fun I had with Megaman Legends. As of the present, there's Megaman 11 coming out, no news of a new Megaman X game (except for X and Zero in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite) and then I decided to think about the opportunity cost called Megaman Legends 3.

Yes, I understand that it came out when the PS1 was coming to an end. I thought about the PS2 and I was hoping for a Megaman Legends game. Instead, we got some games with Megaman Legends references such as Megaman X7 (the 3D gameplay and unfortunately bad target system), Megaman X8 (Lumine is a darker, more evil Megaman Juno) and Command Mission is an RPG though it's turn-based. So really, why wasn't there Megaman Legends 3? TBH, I think they could have invested time and money on making Megaman Legends 3 instead of Command Mission -- take note that I'm still a fan of the latter, okay?

Megaman Legends 2's ending left with a cliffhanger. True, there was "The End" but I think it was a bad ending for a spin-off game. Megaman Volnutt is still stuck in Elysium and no, Megaman X didn't build it there! Even if the game isn't canon to the main timeline (the diaries reveal that the baby was named Megaman after one of Roll Caskett's favorite video game characters) but it'd still be nice to think about further exploring the Elder System that's been reactivated. Megaman Volnutt is still stuck at Elysium and I think he should have returned.

The PS2 and PS3 could have housed these platforms. It really irritated me that the PS3 game out AND still no sign of Megaman Legends 3. Instead, we get 8-bit paid downloadable games in Megaman 9 and 10 which IMO is kinda lazy. Sure, I enjoy playing the 8-bit Megaman games but IMO, they should have been 2.5D games instead. I pulled my hair off more than once just thinking to what freaking happened. Megaman Legends 3 became an aborted project which irritated me to no end. There could have been a lot of potential there but instead, Capcom really did the unthinkable my not making a good third installment which could be used to conclude the Legends series.

Comments