Aladdin (2019) My Alternative Casting: Jafar And Jasmine

After considering that Jasmine being less attractive has its own charm (but I haven't changed my mind about Emma Watson as Belle) -- I still thought of a possible alternative casting. So here are my picks for Jafar and Jasmine...


I thought the cast doesn't have to be of Middle Eastern descent. Will Smith is of African-American descent. Naomi Scott is half-Indian. Now, I want to think that the better Jafar over Tunisian-Dutch actor Marwan Kenzari could've been Luke Evans. Evans looked more like Jafar than he would as Gaston. Kenzari is what I'd call too hot to play the role of Jafar who wasn't known for being attractive. Kenzari could play any attractive villain which I think makes him not the best choice for Jafar. On the other hand, Evans wasn't really attractive enough to play Gaston. As said, that part should've been for the much younger Zac Efron.


Although Scott did a good job -- I thought Victoria Justice could've made a more attractive Princess Jasmine IMHO. Not that I'm really minding Scott as Jasmine (which she did fine and being less attractive made Jafar's lust for power more focused) but this only came to my mind because live Mulan will be hotter than animated Mulan. Though I'd still go for letting her wear the 2019 outfit instead of the rather provocative outfit from the 1990s film.

Comments