MK11's MK (1995) More Classic Movie Skins


I've already expressed my dislike for what's going on with Mortal Kombat 11 not especially with the Aftermath package. Maybe, I'm too stuck with the hype of the previous two reboot entries. Now, for another obvious fanservice is the arrival of the movie skin pack. It wasn't enough for Cary Hiroyuki-Tagawa to return as Shang Tsung (and he also did in Mortal Kombat Legacy). We ended up having, yes, Brigitte Wilson-Sampras, Linden Ashby (and I feel that the older Johnny Cage look was based on his current appearance), and Christopher Lambert as extra voices. So, I guess the paid DLC is JUSTIFIABLE now because of the royalties. 

This also reminds me of how I actually BASHED Ronda Roussey. I felt her voicing Sonya was UGH. Fortunately, Sonya's face got FIXED into the more refined Brigitte Wilson-Sampras look. Though, who can't forget how Sonya was in Mortal Kombat (2011) with a look that was too similar to the movie actress? Yup, it was so easy for me to point out how Sonya in MK (2011) really looked like Brigitte in one way or another. Though, I could remark that Sonya's outfit in MK (2011) wasn't really fitting for a military officer in contrast to how Mortal Kombat X did it. 

What can also be seen is that Raiden's appearance with long white hair was from the movies. Raiden had that look in his alternate costume in the 3D era of MK. Though the look was fully integrated only RIGHT NOW which is complete with the hat. Actually, just hearing Christopher's voice RIGHT NOW makes me wish he were in MK (2011). I think Christopher's voice would've worked better than Richard Epcar way back in the said game! I wonder why Warner Bros. didn't think of getting Christopher too. 

Though, what I'll probably NEVER forget is that Ed Boon actually wanted Cary to voice Shang Tsung way back in 2011. I mean, Cary's trademark line "Your soul is mine!" is Shang Tsung's intro dialogue! One can argue that Andrew Kishino did good BUT Cary himself could've delivered those lines better. After Cary, it's only natural that Brigitte, Linden, and Christopher all show up next as paid DLC. 

Comments