Super Blue Beet: That Incredibly BULKY Upgrade That May Have Inspired The Power Rangers Red Ranger Battlizer?


Back then, I remembered watching Really Badly Done Beetleborgs and it did take the Super Blue Beet form. Yes, it was used to defeat the Shadowborg who was demoted to extra. Ironically, Nukus' counterpart in B-Fighter Kabuto was actually a secondary antagonist while Mother Melzard's counterpart was demoted to extra. So yeah, I'm glad I didn't finish Beetleborgs. Though, I'm not going to pretend Toei Ltd. hasn't made mistakes since... WHO HASN'T NOT MADE MISTAKES?! I feel that Super Blue Beet form is rather inflated. It was in 1995 when Choriki Sentai Ohranger and the Buu Saga of Dragon Ball Z were on -air. I'd say that the Buu Saga was nothing more than that overinflated toy commercial

I wonder why Power Rangers felt copying Blue Beet's upgrade dform was a cool idea. Sure, there are times Power Rangers films their own footages. The Red Ranger Battlizers have been heavily used since Power Rangers in Space and have been used for a lot of seasons. I'm even wondering was it just there to promote sales? I'll say it that I find Super Blue Beet form cheesy-looking and cheesy as well. The Red Ranger Battlizers are almost pretty  much the same.

I guess Toei does love its cheese, right? They saw what the Power Rangers side was doing and still renewed the contract anyway. Just think that the Buu Saga in DBZ was also too focused on toys and more toys. I felt Ohranger was just releasing new zord after new zord and for what? Not the plot but for a toy sale. I guess the low ratings at that time period were so severe huh? Funny enough that Gekisou Sentai Carranger NEVER significantly improved ratings yet someone out there blatantly ied it "saved" Super Sentai? Heck, I'm not going ot be surprised if it's the same guy who lied about Power Rangers Lost Galaxy in Japan! 

I feel this form was just there to be, "Hey kids buy the toy." I'm just glad that Super Sentai didn't decide to re-use this cheesy concept. Yet, I wonder why Toei Ltd. simply allowed the Power Rangers franchise to even use such a cheesy upgrade? I guess it's all about the money from Bandai merchandise and royalty fees, right? 

Comments