Understanding Why "Chojinki Metalder" Got Cut Short By Watching Kaiju No Kami's Review

I enjoy Kaiju No Kami's reviews even if he gives low scores to some of my favorite shows. I may have been a fan of Kosoku Sentai Turboranger but I enjoyed his negative review of the show. I may no want to rewatch VR Troopers after watching Chojinki Metalder. Kaiju No Kami's review of the said show highlights some weak points. Compared to most shows -- Metalder was way more serious. Sure, Kamen Rider BLACK was Darker and Edgier but it has a huge fanbase. Hikari Sentai Maskman was also more serious than usual -- it still managed to get a one-year run. However, Metalder only had 39 episodes and why is that? Why did it get rushed?

Watching Kaiju No Kami's review -- it can be easily understood. The show's target audience was children. If most of the viewers were teenagers to adults -- who's really going to buy the toys?! I even feel that Metalder's design isn't really all that cool TBH. Maybe, I can say that there were too many Neros warriors put at once. I could say God Neros' fortress is way too chaotic compared to most sets. Kaiju No Kami points out how messy that aspect is. No wonder we hardly get to see villains having all their minions shown at once before dispatching them one by one. 

As I watched the review, I still feel my love for the show. However, Kaiju No Kami's differing opinions are still fun to watch. That's why no matter how I disagree with the ratings he gave to some of my favorite shows -- he's still fun to watch nonetheless! 

Comments