Imagining Bella Thorne As Poison Ivy

I was doing a bit of some nostalgic look back. Batman: The Animated Series (Batman: TAS) was one of my guilty pleasures. It would be a worthy competitor to X-Men: The Animated Series (X-Men: TAS) in the year 1992. If I had a crush on Jean Grey (and I eventually wished I were Cyclops BUT I found myself as Wolverine with a complicated love life). Another crush I had (aside from Catwoman) was Poison Ivy. Just watching Batman: TAS' episode "Pretty Poison" had me shipping Batman and Poison Ivy for a weird reason. I just wish Poison Ivy would obsess more over Batman. I felt that the two could've been potentially a crack couple. Heck, I'm still a shipper of Batman and Poison Ivy. I still feel plotlines of Poison Ivy betraying the other crooks because she's too in love with Batman are needed. 


What truly amazed me though is the appearance of Bella Thorne matches that of Poison Ivy from the first season. Okay, Bella was born in 1997 and she was born MONTHS after the release of that terrible, terrible Batman and Robin film. I felt Poison Ivy's characterization there wasn't what I wanted either. It's almost like the cartoon predicted the birth of Bella some five years later. The appearance really matches (in some way) though Bella isn't green-eyed like the character.


It would be interesting to know that Poison Ivy wasn't always a redhead as she's portrayed. Earlier versions of Poison Ivy are portrayed to have brown hair. Bella's real hair color is either dark blonde or brown. Bella obviously has BROWN EYES. Her facial features still match that of the Batman TAS Poison Ivy. 


Besides, this picture of Bella in a green dress makes her more or less a Poison Ivy. The flirty look, red hair, and the green dress are practically a PERFECT match.  

This also reminds me of one incarnation of Poison Ivy which I hated. I still felt (until now) that Uma Thurma's version of Poison Ivy SUCKED. The Batman and Robin Poison Ivy really wasn't the seductive villainess I wanted to show up. Uma did Kill Bill well but not as the seductive villainess. I still think Bella herself would do the character justice. 

Comments