Wishful Thinking: Tekken 7's Scenario Campaign


While playing Tekken 6 and Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition at the same time, I thought about a few things about both games. While I still am whining about Mortal Kombat's lack of full 3D rendered endings like they did in Mortal Kombat 4/Gold but praised it for the Story Mode, I really can't help but think how I wasn't so fond of the Scenario Campaign's method. I even thought Mortal Kombat Armageddon's Konquest Mode was better even for a very last generation game. I hope Namco while it's developing Tekken 7 for the new generation systems will take note of this.


What do you think I propose for Scenario Campaign? I really propose that one, get rid of that stupid Arena Mode in the quest to unlock individual endings. Two, learn a thing or two from Mortal Kombat Armageddon's Konquest Mode. Let there be a limited free-roaming combat mode against baddies then when it's time to fight a boss, let it shift to a one vs. one head to head standard match. While I thought Scenario Campaign was fun in some way but I wish the boss fights were similar to that of Mortal Kombat Armageddon's Konquest Mode.

Alternatively, I think Tekken 7 could try to improvise Mortal Kombat's Story Mode where you get to play different Tekken characters. It might be a chapter by chapter game and hopefully it'll beat the rather lacking Story Mode of Mortal Kombat X. Ed Boon's a fan of Tekken so I hope he'll end up influencing Tekken in some way. =P

Comments