Megaman X8: My Overall View


So okay I began my backtrack gaming and I never thought Megaman X8 would be THAT GOOD after I spent some patient hours playing it.  At first it seemed quite awkward or level designs can be "WTF" but hey with easy controls, difficult gameplay balances the whole game from being too easy or too hard.  So what I pretty thought of this game was kinda cool with a mix of 2D/3D gameplay with cinematics that I would are say are beautifully done cell-shading aside from outstanding graphics.  Although I do find it quite creepy to know Lumine was a bad guy- or is it because he resembles Megaman Juno?!  Too predictable?  Maybe.  Also I do find it weird that Sigma's symbol on his forehead is also used by the "Ancients" in Megaman Legends.

Back to the game- so the whole project was called Jakob's Ladder (a call on the true to life event of Jacob's dream of the ladder to Heaven) but this was a picture of how fallen man just keeps falling.  They began migration to the moon yet Sigma who I believe had a deal with Lumine (he was probably a spy Sigma had who later double-crossed him in secret) to which creates the complex plot to the "evolution" towards "unlimited progress" only leads to so much destruction which was the recurring theme of plenty of fictional series.

What I liked about the game was various weapons that Zero could use- from just his standard sword to fists, fans, a spear, a hammer and the best secret- the Sigma blade.  Of course you had to find these "rare metals" to get them as well as other items.  Though it does seem frustrating but given the games easier controls to help lessen the difficulty of the level's ridiculously difficult designs or bosses that go berserk overtime.  I also like using Axl's unlimited special weapon usage which I think he may be Bass being rebuilt or a reploid built based on Bass... but what he shares with Bass is arrogance though with the absence of rivalry with X hints that he wasn't Dr. Wily's robot.  Or if he was, he and Zero would be "siblings".  Regardless the game itself is really an interesting twist to see how robots can now go "Maverick at will" which is quite different from Mavericks reforming at will (ex. Protoman).

Well the replay mode can get overly easy but it may help you in getting the high scores you've missed... or the items you haven't taken as well.  Overall, I pretty recommend this game!

Comments