Cole Evans... Why He's My Favorite PR Red Ranger

I know there have been issues about Cole being an Internet joke, Rick Medina's shocking revelation that he's a douche or Mr. Smith finding him annoying but I'll just write why Cole's my favorite PR Red Ranger of all time.  Wild Force is so-so for some but I'd say it's a good season.  So here are my reasons...


He doesn't start out very typical.  He's more like a barbarian attempting to fit into the civilized world and learns what it is to be part of society.  It was pretty interesting development for me.  I just thought him trying to reason to the Org was a good scene, trying to develop a not so typical hero all along.  And he's got that naiveness to go that adds to character development IMO.


There's just something about his strength and body.  While having a tough exterior, he has a gentle soul.  It can be evidenced in the episode "The Soul of Humanity".


I just found his battle scene with Viktor Adler/second Master Org to be really awesome.  Again the law of chromatic superiority is here.  I thought his decision not to finish Viktor Adler was pretty much good character development since his opponent was way too helpless after that battle showing he had a sense of honor.


Cole's battle with Serpentera.  Pretty cheesy but awesome for me.


In the final episode, he's really shown much of his barbarian instincts.  He risks his life, unarmed to attack an enlarged Master Org when they have lost their powers.  Pretty risky but he survived.


Even in the end, he is merciful towards Viktor Adler even if they just had finished him.

Comments