How Cable Could Have Later Been Dealt With


I always thought it was crazy that Cable would later appear as a man, now twice older than his parents. He's now old enough to be his father's father... he's like his own grandpa. I think Cable would be around 50 years old if his adoptive son (and "nephew") was an adult. If the Askani Timeline got removed thanks to his actions, I think some things could have been prevented as well. So how would I write it?

Now I thought the Askani Timeline was erased. Actually, the rules of time travel writing may vary and the conflict between the year 3,999 (Cable's native timeline after he was time-displaced) and the 21st Century had happened a lot. So what if with Apocalypse destroyed, countless "anomalies" would no longer exist. In short, any events done by Stryfe or any villain would be undone in the process. I would even remove the Legacy Virus from existence as a "reset button" since if the Askani never existed, Stryfe the clone would never exist. Then maybe, I could do the absurd but it's for the best of the Summers clan. I really hate the direction X-Men took after supposedly defeating Apocalypse.

My next move would be to de-age Cable. That is, if he was time-displaced in the year 1990 and he returned twice older than Cyclops in 1997 or so, I'd have Cable de-aged to his proper age. I would have Cyclops and Jean Grey raise him all over again, except he still has his memories and character development. He must face the fact he's now an adult in a child's body. This way, he can start a more or less normal life. Unfortunately, Marvel's writers have just gone to a bad direction. =P

Comments