Are Megaman Fans Expecting Too Much?!


After I saw the screenshots and gameplay of Mighty No. 9, I started going harsh and unprofessional at several levels. I wanted to start mocking it. I wanted to Obi-Wan mode during "Revenge of the Sith" with Inafune when I saw the results of the gameplay. I wanted a Megaman successor but what do we get? Then I thought of this one, "Are Megaman fans expecting too much?"

Probably yes. Megaman fans may be expecting too much. A spiritual successor of Megaman isn't Megaman. But I guess the factors like the really bad cut scenes and bad voice acting is one. I enjoy playing Megaman 8 in spite of bad voice acting. I'm wondering what happened to the 3 million dollar budget and why did we get a mediocre game? I guess fans have the right to get mad for whatever reasons. At the same time, critics need to realize that they should evaluate Mighty No. 9 on its own merit rather than to keep comparing it to Megaman. 

But again, I haven't played the game yet and I should still play it for myself. But I must keep in mind I'm not playing any Megaman game. It's just a Megaman-type game. I'm still thinking it might be fun to do the Xel absorb dash towards enemies as well. What do you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ninja Steel Ain't Sharp Enough To Make The Cut?

Conan The Adventurer's Ram-Amon Is A Demoted Thoth-Amon

Hiroshi Miyauchi Kicks Jason David Frank's Butt

The Bizarre Father/Son Relationship Of Cyclops And Cable

My Thoughts On Power Rangers' Really Bad Drop In Its Ratings

The Role Of Set In Conan The Adventurer

Will Somebody Please Fan Sub Exceedraft?

Power Rangers Snobs: A Living Example Of American Superiority Mentality's Stupidity

My Mixed Emotions on Power Rangers Wild Force!

Why I Think Kimberly Hart is the Most Overrated Henshin Hottie Ever