I Dropped Solbrain As A Kid But Got Hooked With Janperson As A Teenager


It's no secret that Sailor Otaku is subbing Solbrain after it finished Winspector. Winspector was pretty epic IMO and I really had something different. GoGoFive's a good Super Sentai series but there are times watching Metal Hero or Kamen Rider can be a better treat. I could talk about my experience of actually dropping Solbrain as a kid.

Maybe I was around 9-11 when it happened. Solbrain was "too hard" for me to understand. There was no main villain (but a recurring villain was coming soon), I didn't get the action I wanted... it was more of a rescue version of Rescue 9/11. I didn't particularly like it and dropped it as a child. I find that funny because as an adult, I ended up liking the show but I didn't like it as a child. I just thought it was an odd show.


So why do I find it weird that I got hooked with Janperson? I wasn't really a fan of the Robocop TV series. Janperson was Robocop reimagined for the Japanese audience without the human factor going on. Jiban was a Robocop-type hero it wasn't all that of a Robocop TV series. Jiban was more focused on destroying mutants that were destroying the city. Janperson had the Robocop spirit even if the hero never had a human past. I guess age did play a role since I was already a teenager when I saw Janperson.

I wonder what if I saw Solbrain as a teenager and Janperson as a kid? I guess I'd be dumping Janperson as a kid and I'll be hooked with Solbrain as a teenager.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will Somebody Please Fan Sub Exceedraft?

Ninja Steel Ain't Sharp Enough To Make The Cut?

Hiroshi Miyauchi Kicks Jason David Frank's Butt

Conan The Adventurer's Ram-Amon Is A Demoted Thoth-Amon

Power Rangers Snobs: A Living Example Of American Superiority Mentality's Stupidity

The Bizarre Father/Son Relationship Of Cyclops And Cable

My Thoughts On Power Rangers' Really Bad Drop In Its Ratings

What I Believe Went Wrong With Saban's Masked Rider

Why I Think Kimberly Hart is the Most Overrated Henshin Hottie Ever

What Do Jason David Frank Fanboys And Hercule Fanboys Have In Common?