Should I Buy Marvel VS. Capcom Infinite?

I can say my relationship with Capcom is rocky at best. I haven't been so fond of how Capcom has been compromising its quality and making bad business decisions. My relationship with Marvel hasn't been good either in the recent times especially when DISNEY bought it. I admit, I tested out Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and I have to admit, "Don't these guys know how to take advantage of what innovation has to offer?" It's like I've played through other games that really know how to take advantage of what the digital age has to offer. Now it's time to discuss about Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite after I watched the Angry Joe reviews.

Okay, I have NOTHING against going back to the 2 vs. 2 fighting. Personally, I prefer the 2 vs. 2 because it's more focused. 3 vs. 3 was fun in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 but that game actually was more on the two player value. I also think that trying to avoid more cheesy tactics such as the Team Hyper Combo in favor of the Tag Combo system. I think trying to tone down gameplay for once is a good thing. Trying to tone things down to make room for new modern stuff and improvising old stuff is a good idea. I think I could get used to it.

Perhaps my biggest beef is how Marvel is treating X-Men and WTF there's not a single X-Men. Marvel's really going so douche mode right now that I feel like I want to run my own version of the Marvel Universe. Sure I'm a fan of Spiderman and Captain America but where's Wolverine? I even think that Wolverine should be here not as an X-Man but as Avenger. I guess Marvel's bad decision to get rid of a huge fan favorite is so bad. I even think of how I hate Marvel's new administration now because of the character decay Cyclops suffers from due to bad writing.

Perhaps the only shallow reason I could have is to play as both Megaman X and Zero. So why wasn't X added into Marvel vs. Capcom 3 back then? I'm a Megaman fan and I still am in some way. I admit, I'm even willing to get both Megaman Legacy collection games in this day and age. I still want to play Megaman's NES titles even if I enjoy the latest games. I still think of Megaman X and Zero as fond memories from my childhood. I would have fun using them and doing insane tag combos. But that's not enough for me. I wouldn't want a game just for X and Zero. I want more quality content  

I thought of a couple of stuff with the reviews. Maybe Tekken 7 is superior than this game. Maybe Mortal Kombat X which came two years ago is superior. Just because something is old or new doesn't make it better. It's always been a matter of quality. Story Mode is quite innovative IMO and it might inspire me to do something. But when I checked out the Arcade Mode... yeesh... what happened to character endings? It's worse than Tekken 7's scenario where you have to play through Character Episodes to unlock the endings of each character as the new way to unlock endings. 

For one, I'm pretty mixed with this one. I even think about it that I do have money to get the game and a PS4. But just because I have money doesn't mean I'd get it immediately. It's really a thought right now that shakes my head considering that other new school stuff have captivated my hyperactive mind. 

Comments