The Controversial Rebel Rabbit Episode

While Bugs Bunny was always the hero of whatever roles were given to him but one cartoon episode turned our hero into a villain. It was what may be the controversial 1949 cartoon episode called "Rebel Rabbit". Yup, you got that right. I remembered I was in elementary when I first saw it and right now, I decided to rewatch it for a laugh. But I can understand why some people didn't like it or called it an anomaly. 

So what's the real cause? Bugs Bunny finds out that rabbits only cost two cents per kill. He thinks that it's quite unfair and he challenges the Game Commissioner. What would look like a friendly visit goes sour. He goes as far as to actually hurt people and what happens next is just VERY STUPID.

Bugs Bunny does acts of vandalism that couldn't be done by a single person. He starts off with grafitti then it goes to be even more stupid. But wait it just GOES WORSE here...

Yes, it's the whole episode where Florida gets cut off, Manhattan was given back to the Indians, the Grand Canyon is filled with soil all by himself, tying up railroad tracks - it made me go WTF. Yes, I had a good laugh watching it especially how can one rabbit be that powerful?! It takes the armies of the world to defeat him.

The end of the episode had him go to jail in Alcatraz Island. I think it should be it's so bad it's good trope. I even feel that it may be an anomaly to some but I found this episode to be very amusing. I still think about the rather funny way Bugs Bunny snaps and outdoes all the characters who frequently play as his enemies.

Comments