Tamahome's Song Voice

Although I'm not such a huge fan of the Fushigi Yuugi OVA (which tried to focus on a reincarnated Tamahome as Taka) -- but it showed how Taka is still the real Tamahome. He wants to reach out to Miaka and even if he's lost his identity but his soul is still Tamahome. In the real world -- he reaches out to her shouting out her name and it's one of my favorite moments in an OVA I didn't really like too much. 

Though invisible, the stars in my heart are very concrete guideposts

I scream countless times at the top of my lungs
the name of the dear one who gave me courage.
She's a treasure I risked my life to acquire.

An unknown force tries to hypnotize me.
But I will never forget my days with you.

If this is a dream, I'm begging you, wake me up! Leave no traces of this in my mind.
Hurry, before the other me becomes a knife.
I can hear the voice of my spirit from far away.
Take me to it. I have a love that I must defend.

Probably, what hurts the most
is hurting the one you love.

Even if it means reaching down to the deepest part of my soul,
I will continue to call out to the real me.

Laugh and tell me it's a dream, I'm begging you! Like you always do.
Hurry, before good and evil switch places.
The voice of my spirit sounds faintly.
You cannot break my will. I have a love that cannot be extinguished.

To be alive is to love. That is what my heart whispers to me.


Translation taken from Anime Lyrics.

Comments